Estimated Reading Time: 1
Terrorists who abducted 19 persons from Kutunku village in Wushishi Local government Area of Niger State are demanding N200 million as ransom before they regain their freedom.
Recall that the terrorists invaded the village in the early hours on Monday and abducted the 19 residents.
TheCable reports that the terrorists have contacted the village head and are have made communicated their terms of releasing the hostages.
Ibrahim Yusuf, the village head said the terrorists made the demand via a phone call on Wednesday evening.
“They called us and asked for money. They are holding 19 people and they are telling us we should bring N200 million,” he said in a phone interview.
“We don’t know what to do because we are all in confusion in the village now, including our wives and children; we don’t know what to do. Even if we sell our house, we cannot get that money.”
He added that the village has reported the incident to the police while “we are looking for a way out”.
Meanwhile, Niger State Governor, Abubakar Bello on Tuesday raised an alarm that the terrorists who claim to have repented and enjoy amnesty use the money they get from the government to purchase more weapons and head back into the bush to join their members.
- Ogun Police say, anyone planning to attack any station in the state is on a “suicide mission”
- NDLEA busts an alleged online drug trafficking cartel that sells to Abuja residents
- Insecurity: We urge Nigerians to boycott Democracy day – Coalition of Civil society in Nigeria tackle Buhari
- UNIBEN warn admission seekers to be wary of the activities of racketeers
- Wike says “no amount of intimidation will make the state succumb to any secessionist”
- We are against payment of ransom to bandits – Arewa Consultative Forum
- INTERVIEW: Alkasim Abdulkadir provides rare insight into the battle against insurgency, nation building and why youths must chase money
- Muhyideen Kolawole: The Healthcare System in Nigeria is Collapsing
- Nasir el-rufai is “one of the real enemies” of Nigeria – Benue Governor Ortom says his Kaduna counterpart is an “ethnic champion and religious bigot”
- #EndSARS: Witness shared videos revealing Army shooting at protesters at the Lekki Toll