Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Ondo State House of Assembly has confirmed that the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) is investigating some civil servants over alleged multimillion naira fraud.
It however said the Assembly Speaker, Hon. Bamidele Oleyelogun, has not been invited to answer questions over the fraud.
Other persons reportedly invited by the EFCC were Chairman, House Committee on Tertiary Education, Felemu Gudu Bankole, Deputy Clerk, Babatunde Amos Olowogorioye, Clerk of the Assembly, Bode Adeyelu and two civil servants, Olusegun Kayode Oyadeji and OJ. Afolabi.
NewsWireNGR gathered that the alleged fraud was committed in 2019 when the sum of N2.4million was released to the affected persons to attend a two-day seminar organised by National Productivity Centre, Lagos.
The seminar, it was gathered, never held and the money was allegedly diverted.
Chairman, House Committee on Information, Gbenga Omole, who spoke to reporters said the Speaker has not been invited by the EFCC.
Hon Omole who admitted that some staff of the assembly was invited by the EFFC did not disclosed why the Assembly was invited.
He said, “as I am talking to you, the speaker has not been invited. He is currently at the speaker’s lodge in Akure.”
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!