Estimated Reading Time: 1
Presidential spokesperson, Garba Shehu has disclosed that President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the soldiers to shoot dead any unauthorized person seen with AK-47.
Mr Shehu stated this while explaining the steps the government is taking to counter terrorism in a telephone interview with BBC Hausa on Wednesday.
President Buhari on Tuesday declared Zamfara as a no-fly zone and banned mining activities in the state.
Shehu explained that the government is reliably informed that airplanes like choppers or helicopters come to supply foods, weapons and clothes to the terrorists in Zamfara forest.
He said, “The President has given an order that any unauthorized person caught with assault rifles like AK-47 should be shot dead.
“The president gave order to soldiers they should comb the forest and search for those kidnapped those girls.”
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami