Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari is presently having a meeting with the National Security Council at the State House.
The meeting which started at 9:00 am is to assess the present security situation in the country and stemming the tide of kidnapping and heightened insurgency acts.
In attendance is the Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, Secretary to Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha and Chief of Staff to President, Prof. Ibrahim Gambari.
Others are the Ministers of Defence, Retired Major General Bashir Magashi, Police Affairs, Maigari Dingyadi, Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, as well as Chief of Defence Staff Major General Lucky Irabor, Service Chiefs and Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu.
The meeting comes off the back of some schoolgirls abduction last Friday from the Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe, in Talata Mafara Local Government Area of Zamfara State.
The abducted students have however regained their freedom on Tuesday morning.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami