Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Sokoto state police command has confirmed the killings of twelve persons by suspected armed terrorists at illella Amarawa in Illela local government area of Sokoto state.
Spokesman of the command , Assistant Superintendent of Police Sanusi Abubakar, says members of the affected community resort to self help without calling on police lead to heavy casualties
He, says the police have commenced investigation and have also deployed five units, each comprising 63 well armed policemen to areas prone to banditry in the state.
Resident of the area says gunmen suspected to be bandits came to the area around 2:00am and kidnapped a popular businessman in the community, Rabi’u Amarawa.
After the attacks community members alerted the vigilantes who mobilized and chased the terrorists in a bid to rescue the abductee.
The terrorists with superior firepower open fire at the vigilantes and members of the community and in the process killed twelve persons.
The police says the command have just launched Operation Puff Ader II and the state government has given the command fifteen operation vehicles out of the 80 the Governor promised and all were deployed to those area.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami