Estimated Reading Time: 1
Zamfara State Governor, Bello Matawalle has said his government has identified those behind the abduction of 317 schoolgirls from Government Girls’ Secondary School, Jangebe on Friday.
Mr Matawalle disclosed this on Sunday when 17 Emirs in the state paid him a sympathy visit in his efforts to rescue the schoolgirls.
Matawalle said “I want to inform you that there are many revelations in relation to the abduction of these students.
“Many people will be surprised to hear those people behind the abduction of these innocent children.
“They are not comfortable with the progress I am getting as a result of my peace initiative and they want to do all they can to sabotage my efforts”.
The kidnapped schoolgirls were rumoured to have been released by the kidnappers on Sunday but the state government has dispelled the alleged that the ladies have regained their freedom.
Suleiman Anka, a commissioner in the state refuting the story wrote, “I want to call the attention of good people of Zamfara state, they should disregard any fake news regarding the released of abducted students of GGSS Jangebe by one national daily, it’s not true. But Alhamdulillah the state government and securities are their trying their best”.
- “We now have in our midst bandits” – Ikpeazu says ban on Open grazing must be enforced
- Just In: Unknown Gunmen attack @PoliceNG police divisional Headquarters in Delta State
- “Nobody has monopoly of intolerance” – Aisha Yesufu says critics of Southern Governors are on expired drugs
- Statement on center for clinical care and clinical research
- “Perfect birthday gift for my daughter” – Super Eagles player, Wilfred Ndidi celebrates FA Cup title win
- SERAP Claims N4.1 billion budgeted for the National Assembly is missing
- INTERVIEW – Dami Duro to FEM: Analysing Davido’s 10 years of making smashing hits back to back
- Sunday Igboho threatens to disrupt the 2023 general elections in Southwest states
- “Be more bothered about the billion missing” – Nigerians react as Ellen Johnson Sirleaf tweets about Hadiza Bala Usman’s probe
- “We are not second class citizens of this country” – Governor Wike and Okowa insist on Asaba resolution