Estimated Reading Time: 1
The kidnapped schoolgirls of Government Secondary School in Jangebe, Zamfara State are yet to be freed despite initial reports from government sources.
Suleiman Anka, a commissioner in the state refutes stories that the abducted girls have been freed, he wrote, “I want to call the attention of good people of Zamfara state, they should disregard any fake news regarding the released of abducted students of GGSS Jangebe by one national daily, it’s not true. But Alhamdulillah the state government and securities are their trying their best”.
Sources within the government had initially said the girls have been released and are currently in the palace of the Emir of Anka waiting for transportation to Gusau, the state capital.
The sources had also said the girls were kept in the forest between Dangulbi and Sabon Birnin Banaga in the Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara State but Mr Anka denies the claims.
More details to follow..
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami