Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Department of State Services (DSS) has confirmed that Salihu Tanko-Yakasai, former media aide to Abdullahi Ganduje, governor of Kano, is in its custody.
The former media aide was sacked by the Kano governor on Saturday.
Tanko-Yakasai’s investigation by the DSS, comes hours after he criticised the All Progressives Congress (APC) administration, following the abduction of over 300 students from the Government Girls Secondary School in Jangebe, Zamfara state.
“Clearly, we as APC government, at all levels, have failed Nigerians in the number 1 duty we were elected to do which is to secure lives & properties. Not a single day goes by without some sort of insecurity in this land. This is a shame! Deal with terrorists decisively or resign,” he had tweeted.
In a statement issued on Saturday evening, Peter Afunanya, DSS spokesman, confirmed that the former media aide was in the agency’s custody.
“This is to confirm that Salihu Tanko-Yakasai is with the Department of State Services. He is being investigated over issues beyond the expression of opinions in the social media as wrongly alleged by sections of the public,” the statement reads.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami