Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Zamfara State Government has said the number of students abducted from Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe, is unknown.
Speaking with Journalists, the state commissioner for information and culture, Alhaji Sulaiman Tunau Anka, said the exact number of abducted students is yet to be ascertained.
“We are yet to verify the exact number of the students kidnapped. Security operatives have launched a manhunt for the criminals.”
“They went to the school with vehicles. Some of the girls were made to trek. We are on top of the situations as all contacts and efforts are being made to rescue the kidnapped schoolgirls,” he said.
The abduction happened hours after the state government said some repentant terrorists had surrendered their arms.
Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara has been pushing for a dialogue with terrorists in the region for peace in the state
The federal government is yet to react to the latest kidnap incident.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami