Estimated Reading Time: 1
About 300 female students have been abducted from Government Day Secondary School, Jangebe at Talata Mafara Local Government Area in Zamfara State.
BBC Hausa reports that the unidentified terrorists stormed the school in the early hours of Friday to abduct the school children.
The father of one of the students and a teacher at the school when the students were abducted confirmed the incident to the BBC.
The Zamfara state government have not yet commented on the matter.
This abduction is another case of increasing school attacks in the northern region.
Discussions are still ongoing for the release of the 42 abducted students and staff of Government Service College, Kagara, Niger State.
Recall that Zamfara Governor Bello Matawalle has been at the forefront of negotiating with the terrorists operating in the region and receiving “repentant bandits”.
details shortly …
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami