Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Zamfara Police Command has revealed that terrorists who invaded the Government Girls Science Secondary School Jangebe in Jangebe, Zamfara State abducted 317 schoolgirls.
Abutu Yaro, the Commissioner of Police, Zamfara State gave the figure while speaking with newsmen hours after the abduction on Friday.
He said the police got the figures from the principal of the school.
“317 (students were abducted) as presented to me by the principal,” he said.
Yaro further said that said a joint search and rescue operation is already underway with a view to rescuing the 317 students kidnapped .
CP Yaro said the Force Commander Operations Hadarin Daji, Major General Aminu Bande, Brigade Commander 1 Brigade, Nigeria Army Gusau, and other state government officials led a heavily armed re-enforcement team to Jangebe to complement the ongoing rescue operation in the locations where the students were believed to have been kept hostages.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami