Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Imo State Police Command have on Monday arraigned fourteen aides of a former governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha before her lordship, B. U Adikaibe of Magistrate Court 4, Owerri.
The aides were on Sunday arrested alongside Okorocha for unsealing a property sealed by the Imo State government and their count charges border on disturbance to the security of the state and destruction of the government seal at Royal Spring Palm Estate linked to Okorocha’s wife, Nkechi.
The State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Orlando Ikeokwu, confirmed this to newsmen in Owerri.
He said that the police moved to Akachi road when they received a distress call that the Royal Palm spring Estate sealed by the government had been violently opened by men led Okorocha.
Orlando said: “The command received a distress call regarding what we termed to be an unrest at Royal Spring palm estate, and the operatives moved to the place we discovered Okorocha led some persons to the place hitherto sealed by the Imo government.
“The command calmed the situation and invited Okorocha, to come and explain why he led the violent breaking into the estate that led to damages.”
The Imo State command also confirmed that the that it had moved Okorocha, Senator representing Imo West Senatorial district to its custody to explain why he led violent breaking into the government sealed Royal palm spring estate along Akachi road in Owerri.
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo
- Singer, Simi says female entertainers are constantly pitted against each other – she explains the difficulties
- Lagos State Government announces 3 months partial closure of Marine bridge
- WAEC cancels Literature-in English exams; candidates to rewrite papers March 11
- “They took away about 470 cows and cattle” killed 15 persons – Eyewitness accounts after gunmen storm Sokoto
- Speaker Gbajabiamila begs Nigerians to accept COVID-19 vaccine
- “That is the trump card that I will not reveal” – Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor talks tough
- Repentant Boko Haram members return to the terror group after spying on security agents formation – Governor Zulum
- Nigerian soldier and his girlfriend were recently caught supplying ammunitions and military uniforms to armed bandits in Zamfara