Estimated Reading Time: 1
The media aide to Bello Matawalle, governor of Zamfara state, says thd Governor did not intend to say that all bandits are not criminals.
In a statement released on Friday to clarify his principal’s comments, the Governor’s aide, Zailani Bappa said if Matawalle used the word “bandits”, it must have been a mistake.
The aide said Nigerians should disregard the reported comments.
“Indeed, His Excellency was at the Presidential villa yesterday to brief Mr President on the security situation in the state. He also granted a short interview with the press crew at the villa,” he said.
“If indeed he mentioned the word BANDITS instead of FULANI, then it was an inadvertent mistake as common sense dictates that banditry cannot at any time be justified as a non-criminality.
“We wish to call on all Nigerians who come across this story to disregard the message as that is not at all what His Excellency meant to say nor the kind of message he wanted to portray.”
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo
- Singer, Simi says female entertainers are constantly pitted against each other – she explains the difficulties
- Lagos State Government announces 3 months partial closure of Marine bridge
- WAEC cancels Literature-in English exams; candidates to rewrite papers March 11
- “They took away about 470 cows and cattle” killed 15 persons – Eyewitness accounts after gunmen storm Sokoto
- Speaker Gbajabiamila begs Nigerians to accept COVID-19 vaccine
- “That is the trump card that I will not reveal” – Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor talks tough
- Repentant Boko Haram members return to the terror group after spying on security agents formation – Governor Zulum
- Nigerian soldier and his girlfriend were recently caught supplying ammunitions and military uniforms to armed bandits in Zamfara