Estimated Reading Time: 1
Former Minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili has alleged that there is a “strange incestuous relationship between government and abductors.”
Ezekwesili stated this through a post on Social media on Friday.
She accused both the federal and state government of being friendly towards the criminal elements.
She said, “There’s now an industry of abduction flourishing on basic market principles of demand and supply. It is enabled by a strange incestuous relationship between government and abductors. Folks in Federal and State Governments are throwing this friendship in faces of Citizens. SHAME.”
The former Minister in another post criticised the statement that bandits deserve sympathy, which was made by the Governor of Zamfara State, Bello Matawalle.
She said, “They were deliberate in coercing the Media to support their Rebranding of Terrorists as “Bandits”. Yesterday, I read that a Governor of Zamfara said, “Bandits deserve sympathy from Nigerians”. A man whose people are being killed daily by his rebranded terrorists.”
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo
- Singer, Simi says female entertainers are constantly pitted against each other – she explains the difficulties
- Lagos State Government announces 3 months partial closure of Marine bridge
- WAEC cancels Literature-in English exams; candidates to rewrite papers March 11
- “They took away about 470 cows and cattle” killed 15 persons – Eyewitness accounts after gunmen storm Sokoto
- Speaker Gbajabiamila begs Nigerians to accept COVID-19 vaccine
- “That is the trump card that I will not reveal” – Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor talks tough
- Repentant Boko Haram members return to the terror group after spying on security agents formation – Governor Zulum
- Nigerian soldier and his girlfriend were recently caught supplying ammunitions and military uniforms to armed bandits in Zamfara