Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigerian popstar, David Adeleke, fondly referred to as Davido, has bagged his second certified gold record in the United States of America with his smashing hit record, IF.
His record was certified by the Recording Industry Association of America on February 12, 2021. However, his first certified gold record, Fall, was certified gold in the US on May 28, 2020.
David shared his excitement on social media, “My 2nd Gold record !!! Oh God, I am grateful !! The only two Afro beats solo singles to go Gold in the USA in Afro-beats history !! God is good !!! ???? ?? ?? MORE TO COME!”
The song “If” was released on February 17, 2017, and it was produced by Tekno, who ghost-wrote the track for Davido.
- INTERVIEW: Alkasim Abdulkadir provides rare insight into the battle against insurgency, nation building and why youths must chase money
- Muhyideen Kolawole: The Healthcare System in Nigeria is Collapsing
- Nasir el-rufai is “one of the real enemies” of Nigeria – Benue Governor Ortom says his Kaduna counterpart is an “ethnic champion and religious bigot”
- #EndSARS: Witness shared videos revealing Army shooting at protesters at the Lekki Toll
- Ohanaeze Chieftain vows to ‘put an executive Zik in Aso Rock in 2023’
- Police arrests 49 Shiite protesters in Abuja
- For the second time in a week, gunmen attack police station in Akwa Ibom
- ‘El-Rufai’s comments are mischievous’ – Igbo Leaders respond
- ‘You can’t get Presidency by threats or shouting victimhood’ – El Rufai says to South-East
- ‘A military takeover is not the solution to Nigeria’s problems’ – Adams Oshiomhole