Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Federal Government has named the Idu railway complex and rail station as well as the Light Rail Station of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) after the Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations, Amina Mohammed.
The announcement was made via the federal government’s official Twitter handle and the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi on Tuesday.
The UN Deputy Secretary-General expressed her appreciation to the government via her Twitter handle on Wednesday morning,
“Deeply humbled by honour done to me by @NigeriaGov in naming the Idu Railway complex & stations” #Abuja.”
Amina Mohammed was Nigeria’s former Minister of Environment before her appointment at the UN.
She is now the first Nigerian woman to have a railway station named after her.
It would be recalled that last year, President Muhammadu Buhari had named some stations along the Lagos-Ibadan and the Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri corridors after some prominent Nigerians.
- Air Commodore Gabkwet appointed Airforce spokesman
- It will cost N35Billion to provide internet services to MDAs in Nigeria – Agency
- Violence in Kwara: Governor imposes fresh curfews in Offa, Erin-Ile
- Drug lords responsible for funding terrorism in Nigeria – Senate President
- Police arrest man who stabbed wife to death
- I can count 187 times President Buhari has said he will end banditry without results – Fayose
- ‘Amotekun will be deployed to protect COVID-19 vaccines in Ogun’ says Governor Dapo Abiodun
- Shortly after the release of school girls, terrorists abduct over 60 – burn Zamfara town
- Ogun State deputy speaker impeached over thuggery allegations
- Federal Government says States that have not met the criteria for vaccine safety will not get doses