Estimated Reading Time: 1
Senator representing Niger South, Bima Enagi has accused the President Muhammadu Buhari administration of being incompetent in the fight against insecurity.
Enagi stated this on the floor of the senate on Wednesday while speaking to a debate on a motion sponsored by fellow senator representing Niger east, Sani Musa.
Musa had called the motion to drawn the house attention to the abduction of students and staff of Government Science Secondary School, Kagara, headquarters of Rafi Local Government Area of Niger State by terrorists on Wednesday morning.
Reacting, Enagi lamented the abduction and complained about the insecurity in the country.
He said, “As my brother reported, early this morning terrorists went to a secondary and kidnapped students, small students,” he said.
“The enemies of God, bandits, terrorists, kidnappers are everywhere. Where are we heading to in this country? What else do we need as lawmakers that we are not doing? Can we rightly say that the government, is incompetent? Because this issue has been discussed here over and over and there is no improvement.
“It is getting worse, I’m sure everybody here has stories to tell about the security challenges. What else are we supposed to do that we are not doing? Are we supposed to amend the laws in this country to give every citizen freedom to carry arms?
“Are we going to amend the constitution to give more powers to the governors who are the security heads in their various states because our government at the centre is showing incompetence in handling insecurity because it is not his son or his daughter that has been kidnapped.
“I expect everybody in government to think like that.”
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom