Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari has, on behalf of the Federal Government and all Nigerians, congratulated former Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, on her election as Director-General of the World Trade Organization (WTO), bringing joy and more honour to the country.
According to a statement by Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to the President (Media & Publicity) on Monday, the president affirmed that as the Harvard-educated and renowned economist takes up another onerous task of service to the world and humanity, her track record of integrity, diligence and passion for development will continue to yield positive results and rewards to mankind.
President Buhari expressed his belief that Dr Okonjo-Iweala, “who over the years set major records of economic reforms in Nigeria as Minister of Finance, and later Minister of Foreign Affairs, will excel in her new position and validate the global mandate of repositioning and strengthening the multilateral institution for the greater good of all.”
The president joined family, friends and colleagues in wishing Dr Okonjo-Iweala well in her new endeavour. The statement said .
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state
- Bandits who abducted Jangebe schoolgirls are different from the ones I met – Gumi
- Police confirms 317 schoolgirls were abducted in Zamfara school
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals
- Muslims in Kwara public schools can now wear Hijabs – Kwara State government