The Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. (Dr) Mudashiru Obasa, on Monday announced the chairman of the reconstituted committees of the House.
At a sitting where the amendment to two bills were also passed, the Speaker urged the new chairmen to act in ways to make the House truly seen as carrying out its oversight functions in the best interests of the people.
Below is a list of the committees and their chairmen:
- Sanai Agunbiade – Business Rules and Standing Order
- Mojisola Meranda – Ethics, Protocols and Privileges
- Sarajudeen Tijani – House Services
- Saka Solaja – Public Accounts (State)
- Mojeed Fatai – Public Account (Local)
- Kehinde Joseph – Agriculture
- Gbolahan Yishawu – Economic Planning and Budget
- Okanlawon Sanni – Education (Ministry)
- Ajani Owolabi – Tertiary Institutions
- Olanrewaju Afinni – Science and Technology
- Rotimi Abiru – Environment
- Desmond Elliot – Ministry/Parastatals
- Yinka Ogundimu – Establishment, Training and Pension
- Folajimi Mohammed – Energy and Mineral Resources
- Wahab Jimoh – Waterfront Infrastructure
- Nureni Akinsanya – Physical Planning and Urban Development
- Adewale Temitope – Transportation
- Bisi Yusuff – Commerce, Industry and Cooperative
- Mojisola Ali-Macaulay – Women Affairs, Poverty Alleviation and Job Creation
20 Tobun Abiodun – Works and Infrastructure
- Jude Idimogu – Wealth Creation and Employment
- Rotimi Olowo – Finance
- Hakeem Sokunle – Health
- Ibrahim Layode – Home Affairs
25 Olatunji Oluwa – Torusim, Arts and Culture
- Moshood Oshun – Youth and Social Development
- Akande Judiciary, Lasiec and Public Petitions
- Adedamola Kasunmu – Lands
- Rasheed Makinde – Housing
- Setonji David – Information and Strategy
- Femi Saheed – Central Business District
- Raheem Kazeem – Special Duties and Inter-Governmental Relations
- Olayiwola Olawale – Local Government and Community Relations
- Noheem Adams – Legislative Compliance
- Rauf Age Suleiman – Procurement
- Mosunmola Sangodara – Inter-parliamentary Relations
37 Saad Olumo Lukeman – Public-Private Partnerships
- Sylvester Ogunkelu – Oversea Investments and SDG
Meanwhile, the Lagos State House of Assembly also confirmed the nominees of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu for some commissions.
For the Health Service Commission, the House confirmed Dr. Onayiga Atinuke as chairman while the members are: Mrs. Kemi Ogunyemi, Dr. Mobolaji Olukoya, and Dr. Olumuyiwa Solanke.
For the Procurement Agency Board, the House confirmed Foluso Olayinka Onabowale, Mr. Folorunso Hakeem Mustafa, and Mr. Olusola Lanre as members.
For the Ibile Oil and Gas Corporation Governing Board, the House confirmed Goke Adeniyi, Omolara Abike Alakija, as members and
For the Judicial Service Commission, the lawmakers confirmed Mr. Supo Ati-John, Mrs. Bamidele Akinyemi, Mr. Seyinde Kareem and Mahmud Daudu as members.