Estimated Reading Time: 1
Kebbi State Governor Abubakar Bagudu on Monday, led Governors Abdullahi Ganduje (Kano), Abubakar Bello (Niger) and Bello Matawalle (Zamfara) into a meeting with Governor Seyi Makinde at Oyo State Government House, Ibadan.
The governors, who arrived at 7.03 p.m., were subsequently led into a closed-door meeting by the host governor, Makinde, which was rounded off after some minutes.
NewsWireNGR gathered that the meeting with is about the Shasha market crisis and the governors are billed to make an on-the-spot assessment visit to the market on Tuesday.
The Northern Governors will also meet with various stakeholders in the crisis on Tuesday, with a view to arriving at amicable resolutions.
Others present at the meeting are Special Adviser to the governor on Security, Mr Fatai Owoseni; Special Assistant to the governor on Community Relations (Arewa Community), Alhaji Ahmad Murtala; Serikis representing Hausa communities, among other stakeholders.
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals
- Muslims in Kwara public schools can now wear Hijabs – Kwara State government
- UPDATE: We don’t know the number of schoolgirls kidnapped – Zamfara Government
- Nurses and Midwives in Ondo plan strike
- Breaking: Terrorists abduct 300 schoolgirls in Zamfara
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders