Estimated Reading Time: 2
Rinu Oduala, an #EndSARS protest promoter, has vowed not to stop demanding for justice for the victims of police brutality and casualties of the #LekkiMassacre.
More protesters arrested at the Lekki Toll Gate were Saturday taken away from the scene in a Lekki Concession Company Black Maria, as armed policemen continue to crack down on peaceful protesters at the toll plaza.
The van, conveying about 13 protesters, was driven off to an unknown location. In reaction to the arrests, Oduala made this known on her verified Twitter account on Saturday while reacting to the clampdown on #OccupyLekkiTollGate protesters by men of the Nigeria Police Force.
“SanwoOlu, tell your boys to prepare more Black Marias, because we won’t stop demanding for justice!” – Rinu, one of the prominent youths in the fight against police brutality and extrajudicial killings in the country tweeted.
The #OccupyLekkitollgate protest and a counter-protest, #DefendLagos, were scheduled to hold at the same time Lekki toll gate by 7 a.m. on Saturday.
The protest and counter-protest are fallouts of the ruling to reopen the Lekki tollgate by the Judicial Panel of Inquiry despite an ongoing investigation into the shooting of peaceful protesters by Nigerian soldiers on October 20, 2020 and other alleged human rights abuses by the police.
Reactions continue to trail the arrests of Nigerian comedian and activist, Debo Adebayo known as MC Macaroni arrested as he was on IG live at the premises of Lekki Toll Gate from other celebrities in the country.
Rinu Oduala Friday stepped down from the Lagos State Judicial Panel of Inquiry and Restitution set up to investigate cases of police brutality in the state.
She announced the decision in a series of tweets on Friday.
“I will be stepping down from the Lagos Judicial Panel as it is now obvious that the government is only out to use us for performative actions,” she said.
Rinu and Majekodunmi Temitope had been sworn into the panel on October 27, 2020, to represent the youths in the wake of the nationwide #EndSARS protests.
While thanking the government for the invitation and some of the successes recorded from the panel, she, however, stated that she would not be part of a cover-up.
“What I will not do is be part of a cover-up. I am proud that I took the invitation because some of the successes the panel has recorded so far have been incredibly powerful for the people,” she said.
- Northern Elders Forum says Nigerians have lost faith in the Federal Government
- Governor Ganduje has sacked Salihu Tanko Yakasai
- Police arrest Ogun deputy speaker for alleged assault
- Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele says the naira has depreciated
- Breaking: Abducted Kagara Science College boys reportedly Released
- Breaking: In a Gestapo style, Ganduje’s aide, Salihu Tanko-Yakasai, arrested and moved to Abuja from Kano
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state