Estimated Reading Time: 1
House of Representatives spokesperson, Benjamin Kalu, says Nigerian lawmakers are one of the poorest in the world.
He said this today while briefing journalists on the status of investigative reports and responding to a question on the alleged compromise of the lawmakers
Kalu added the lawmakers were falling sick due to pressure from constituents making financial demands.
“As per being compromised, you would have seen it on the lawmakers. This is the poorest parliament. You don’t see the lawmakers living in luxury. Compromised with what? With position or money? These guys are suffering,” Kalu said.
“That is why most of the sickness they are passing through are heart attacks. It is this failure or that failure, due to stress from their constituents.
“The truth must be told, whether you understand it or not. Let the press know this that the pressure from the constituents is killing members of the National Assembly. That is the truth. The pressure is too much,” he added.
“I don’t care how you go and report it. That is the truth. You can report however you want to report. I’m telling you that members of the national assembly — they don’t have the kind of money you say they have. They don’t have the kind of resources you think they have. And the pain that is being given to them is affecting most of them.” he said
- The security situation in Nigeria today is beyond the APC – Nasarawa Governor cries out
- Reveal identities of the terrorists behind Jangebe schoolgirls abduction – ACF tells Matawalle
- Finally, 3.92 million COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Nigeria
- Buhari has declared Zamfara a no-fly zone
- Insecurity is the number one problem of Africa – Akinwunmi Adesina
- Breaking: Senate confirm appointment of new service chiefs
- Buhari, Osinbajo meet with National Security Council
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s mum is dead
- Just in: Thousands of residents trapped as Boko Haram insurgents take over Dikwa, Borno State
- Our abductors threatened to kill, fry, eat us – Jangebe schoolgirls