Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has adopted Enugu State Governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi as the new leader in the South East Zone.
The Acting Chairman of the PDP in South East, Mr Ali Odefa made this known to journalists shortly after its meeting in the state.
NewsWireNGR gathered that Ugwuanyi was adopted the leader following the defection of the South East Governors’ Forum’s Chairman, Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi to the All Progressives Congress, APC on Nov. 17, 2020.
With the defection, PDP now had control of Abia and Enugu States in the zone. Odefa said that the party adopted Ugwuanyi because of his commitment to the party.
”We unanimously adopted Governor Ugwuanyi as leader of PDP in the South East zone because of his immeasurable contributions in the region.
”We are sure and satisfied that he will lead South East PDP to success,” he said.
He said the party considered the governor’s outstanding performance in office and in a consensus, adopted him as leader of the party.
Speaking on the forthcoming Anambra governorship election, Odefa said that the party was putting heads together to ensure success in the election.
”PDP South East is putting its house in order, we are drawing and calculating and at the fullest of time, the successes will announce the effort we have made so far, ” Odefa added.
- The security situation in Nigeria today is beyond the APC – Nasarawa Governor cries out
- Reveal identities of the terrorists behind Jangebe schoolgirls abduction – ACF tells Matawalle
- Finally, 3.92 million COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Nigeria
- Buhari has declared Zamfara a no-fly zone
- Insecurity is the number one problem of Africa – Akinwunmi Adesina
- Breaking: Senate confirm appointment of new service chiefs
- Buhari, Osinbajo meet with National Security Council
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s mum is dead
- Just in: Thousands of residents trapped as Boko Haram insurgents take over Dikwa, Borno State
- Our abductors threatened to kill, fry, eat us – Jangebe schoolgirls