Estimated Reading Time: 1
At least nineteen people have been killed and several others injured in two separate attacks by bandits in Birnin Gwari and Kajuru Local Government areas of Kaduna State.
Confirming the incident, the Kaduna State Commissioner for internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, says fourteen people were killed on Saturday by armed bandits at Kutemeshi village in Birnin Gwari and five others killed at Kujeni village in Kajuru on the same day, while several others were left with bullet wounds.
He lists those killed in Birnin Gwari local government to include Malan Sani Barume, Yahaya Bello, Amadu Dan Korau, Samaila Niga, Jamilu Haruna, Lawal Majiya And Dan Malam Rabo. Others are Dauda Kafinta, Hassan Mai Makani, Bashir Haruna, Lawal Ali, Mu’azu Haruna, Mai Unguwa Sa’adu and Harisu Bako
Also, some shops were looted with valuable items carted away by the attackers during the operation.
READ ALSO: Gunmen Kidnap Taraba NLC Chairman
In Kujeni village of Kajuru local government, five people were killed by the bandits including Bulus Jatau, Hanatu Emmanuel, Bitrus Tuna, Yohanna Mika, and Monday Ayuba while two others were injured.
The attackers also burnt several houses, storehouses with foodstuff, warehouses loaded with building materials, and a Church
Aruwan further stated that some of the injured have been moved to a neighboring state closer to Kutemeshi for urgent medical attention, while others are in transit to an orthopedic hospital in Kaduna, while only 14 corpses have been recovered from Kutemeshi so far.
Meanwhile, Governor Nasir El-Rufai, who has been monitoring the security situation at the various locations since Saturday, has expressed sadness over the attacks.
The governor who condoled families that lost their loved ones offered prayers for the repose of their souls and a speedy recovery for the injured.
He further directed the Kaduna State Emergency Management Agency to urgently provide relief materials to the affected communities.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami