Estimated Reading Time: 1
The police command in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) said it has arrested six suspects in Apo over alleged kidnapping.
This was contained in a statement by Mariam Yusuf, FCT Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in Abuja on Sunday.
Ms Yusuf, an assistant superintendent of police, said the suspects were arrested following credible intelligence report indicating that they had abducted three persons.
According to her, the suspects were arrested by police operatives on routine patrol, while attempting to relocate one of their victims.
She said further investigations led to successful rescue of two other victims who identified the suspects as kidnappers.
The PPRO said the command had deployed covert and overt crime fighting strategies to strengthen security across the FCT, especially in areas with cumbersome terrain.
She said the command had also launched a strategic counter kidnapping operation, to checkmate emerging security concerns in the territory.
Ms Yusuf said the command was working closely with sister security agencies, key stakeholders and community leaders to rid the FCT of criminal elements.
She called on residents to remain calm and laws abiding, while enjoining them to report suspicious persons or activities around their vicinity, to the nearest police division.
- Cross River Govenor’s aide threatens suicide over unpaid salary
- In Kaduna, bandits have killed no fewer than 18 people in two local government areas
- Nigeria is expecting COVID-19 vaccines from three donor sources – Health Minister
- Kano assembly approves a bill to force premarital testing
- Akeredolu calls for decentralisation of Police
- Just in: Senate approves Bawa’s appointment as new EFCC Chairman
- Auditor-General indicts MDAs on N105.66Billion spending
- Victims of NAF plane crash to be buried on Thursday
- WAEC withholds 70,000 SSCE results in Kano as government default on payment for sponsored students
- Borno Governor confirms 10 dead, 47 injured as he visits victims of Maiduguri attack