Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Kano state government has agreed to pay all salaries of Civil servants that were deducted in the previous months due to short Fall of internally Generated Revenue,IGR, occasioned by the Covid-19 Pandemic outbreak last year.
Chairmen of the Executive members of the Joint Public Service Negotiating Council JNC, Kano comrade Hashim Saleh confirmed this to newsmen last night thanking the state government for fulfilling its promise.
The chairman also commended governor Umar Ganduje’s led administration for “respecting the agreement and returning to the full payment of worker’s (N30,600.00 minimum wage) salaries which had begun last month.”
Saleh therefore enjoined workers to reciprocate the gesture by discharging their duties diligently.
It would be recalled that the Nigerian Labour Congress, NLC and it’s affiliates have been negotiating with the Kano state government and even issued a threat of strike over the deductions experienced by workers in the months of November and December last year.
The state government, however said the deductions were made to keep governance running, avert selective payment and possible sack of workers due shortfalls of IGR and Federal Allocations brought about by the impact of the Covid-19 Pandemic and promised to payback as soon as revenue improves.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami