Estimated Reading Time: 1
The co-founder of The Future Awards Africa and former partner, Red Media Africa, Emilia Asim-Ita, has died after a brief illness. She died on Friday morning.
Asim-Ita was a co-founder of The Future Awards, along with Chude Jideonwo and Adebola Williams. The award ceremony kicked off in 2006.
Years later, she ended her partnership with the duo of Chude Jideonwo and Adebola Williams of Red Media and created AML Media.
In an exclusive chat with Punch Newspaper, her brother, Williams Asim-Ita, revealed that she died after an appendicitis surgery at the age of 33.
He said, “My sister died yesterday at about 8:20 am. She had an appendix rupture. The appendix had a small lump underneath it and that lump burst; that spleen went to her intestines and it polluted some parts of her intestine. She had to go through a surgery to cut the affected part of the intestines. It was successful as it was done by a specialist.”
Asim-Ita, who was in her 30s, was a brand strategist and had worked with many brands, media and non-governmental establishments. She specialised in social media marketing, management consulting, writing, public speaking, brand design, public relations, project management and training.
Announcing her death, her company, AML Media posted on their social media account. “Words fail us. You were more than a boss. You were a friend, an inspiration and an outstanding person. You will forever remain in our hearts. Rest well, Emilia,”.
Across social media, tributes continue to pour in as her demise shocked most of her friends and acquaintance.
- Northern Elders Forum says Nigerians have lost faith in the Federal Government
- Governor Ganduje has sacked Salihu Tanko Yakasai
- Police arrest Ogun deputy speaker for alleged assault
- Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele says the naira has depreciated
- Breaking: Abducted Kagara Science College boys reportedly Released
- Breaking: In a Gestapo style, Ganduje’s aide, Salihu Tanko-Yakasai, arrested and moved to Abuja from Kano
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state