Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari has arrived Daura, his hometown, at the start of a four-day official visit.
According to Presidency Spokesman Garba Shehu, In the course of his stay in Daura, he is expected to, among other engagements, participate in the All Progressives Party, APC membership registration and revalidation exercise.
“The President considers this exercise as a very important one for the nation’s democracy and its yearning for good leadership as a requirement of the process of nation building.” Sheu noted
“In a broadcast last week, President Buhari urged “all good people,” not only to speak but to rise up and “get involved in the task of improving their society,” adding that “for most citizens, their greatest weapon is their vote.
“Register now for your Party and register when the time comes for elections.”
The President is expected to return to the nation’s capital on Tuesday.
- The security situation in Nigeria today is beyond the APC – Nasarawa Governor cries out
- Reveal identities of the terrorists behind Jangebe schoolgirls abduction – ACF tells Matawalle
- Finally, 3.92 million COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Nigeria
- Buhari has declared Zamfara a no-fly zone
- Insecurity is the number one problem of Africa – Akinwunmi Adesina
- Breaking: Senate confirm appointment of new service chiefs
- Buhari, Osinbajo meet with National Security Council
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s mum is dead
- Just in: Thousands of residents trapped as Boko Haram insurgents take over Dikwa, Borno State
- Our abductors threatened to kill, fry, eat us – Jangebe schoolgirls