Estimated Reading Time: 1
Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has advised filmmakers in Lagos State to seek for government permit before using certain locations in Lagos State in order to avoid harassment.
Sanwo-Olu said this on Sunday in reaction to the complainant a Nollywood actress, Toyin Abraham on the frequent harassment filmmakers face when filming.
Recall that the actress had on Friday, January 22, shared a video on social media of area boys demanding money to allow her film at a location. The video sparked Twitter conversations on the incessant harassment by thugs.
Addressing the outcry of the video generated in an interview with Channels Television, Sanwo-Olu said “When you begin to talk very specific about ‘Omo onile’, what are the rules of engagement? So you want to go to a place, did you ask if there is a permit that you need to have? Do you know if it is a private property that you are into.
“If you are going to film somewhere, there are rules that will guide. Maybe just a little permit or you just need to tell the owner of the property that these are the things you are doing. I think that way, you will have easier access to be able to do your thing easily.
“But part of the problem we have in Lagos is that everyone thinks that everything is open to everyone. Nobody has a monopoly of anything.”
- Yakassai: Jonathan did not punish you, Tinubu, El-Rufai for criticism – Falana tells Buhari
- Jangebe abduction will be the last – Buhari assures
- NDLEA arrests a trans-border drug trafficker with N1bn worth of cocaine in Sokoto
- Just In: Katsina orders reopening of boarding schools after Kankara abduction
- Salihu Tanko-Yakasai’s family petitions DSS
- COVID-19: Nigeria to get four million vaccine doses Tuesday
- APC Youths blame Salihu Tanko-Yakasai for his comments on Buhari – demand his release
- Chinedu Ekeke: Buhari regime, gasping for air, begging to breathe
- Correction: 317 kidnapped schoolgirls of Government Secondary School in Jangebe, Zamfara yet to be freed
- I will never accept and legalise same-sex marriage – Ghana President, Akufo-Addo