Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Miyetti Allah has called for the arrest of Chief Sunday Adeyemo popularly known as Sunday Igboho for the alleged assault on the Seriki Fulani of Oyo state, Alhaji Saliu Abdulkadir.
Oyo state Chairman of Miyetti Allah, Alhaji Ibrahim Jiji, said this while speaking with journalists in Ibadan on Saturday.
Jiji said many Fulani in the state were now living in fear while some of them had fled their homes to avoid an attack.
He urged Yoruba and Fulani residents to allow peace to reign in Oyo state.
He said, “We are all Nigerians. We appreciate and love the governor of Oyo State, Engr. Seyi Makinde for saying the truth. We need to join hand together to ensure we have a peaceful society. Our people are not happy and many of them are living in fear. Some had fled their homes
“We want justice for Seriki Fulani. All those that perpetrated the evil must face the wrath of the law. They are not powerful than the government. Who is Sunday Igboho and why is he more powerful than the government?
“I have said time without number that we have criminals among all the tribe and not peculiar to Fulani. Those who are suffering the injustice now are not the criminals they are hunting for.
“These are good people and not criminals. The government should do the needful to ensure peace returns to the Ibarapa axis.”
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo
- Singer, Simi says female entertainers are constantly pitted against each other – she explains the difficulties
- Lagos State Government announces 3 months partial closure of Marine bridge
- WAEC cancels Literature-in English exams; candidates to rewrite papers March 11
- “They took away about 470 cows and cattle” killed 15 persons – Eyewitness accounts after gunmen storm Sokoto
- Speaker Gbajabiamila begs Nigerians to accept COVID-19 vaccine
- “That is the trump card that I will not reveal” – Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor talks tough
- Repentant Boko Haram members return to the terror group after spying on security agents formation – Governor Zulum
- Nigerian soldier and his girlfriend were recently caught supplying ammunitions and military uniforms to armed bandits in Zamfara