Estimated Reading Time: 1
Former President Goodluck Jonathan, says restructuring alone can not solve Nigeria’s problems and cannot be done in isolation.
The former President called for the issues of nepotism, ethnic and religious bias to be addressed.
He stated this on Thursday while speaking at a dialogue on restructuring in Abuja.
He noted that Nigerians must restructure their minds because the issues at the national level still exist at the state and local levels.
The immediate past President General of Ohaneze Ndi Igbo John Nwodo, while delivering his speech said that Nigeria must restructure before the 2023 general elections.
According to him, “We must change the constitution of the country as the 1999 constitution was not produced by the majority of Nigerians.”
- Police arrest Ogun deputy speaker for alleged assault
- Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele says the naira has depreciated
- Breaking: Abducted Kagara Science College boys reportedly Released
- Breaking: In a Gestapo style, Ganduje’s aide, Salihu Tanko-Yakasai, arrested and moved to Abuja from Kano
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state
- Bandits who abducted Jangebe schoolgirls are different from the ones I met – Gumi
- Police confirms 317 schoolgirls were abducted in Zamfara school