Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Kaduna Electricity Distribution Board has cut off the house of the late Shehu Shagari due to a N6 million debt.
On December 28, 2018 the former president died at the age of 93.
The DAILY NIGERIA quoted the company’s spokesman, Abdulaziz Abdullahi, as saying that the fire had not been paid since Shagari’s death.
The spokesman also told the newspaper that they had been threatened or stepped up to pay their dues before the fire was extinguished.
A Sokoto government official, who asked not to be named, said it was unfair to blame the government for the blaze, according to the newspaper.
- I “cannot continue to be a member of a Political party that endangers” – Former APC Chairman resigns
- Adams Oshiomhole refers to Governor Obaseki as his “brother and friend” after the two met in Auchi
- In Lagos, Police vows to go after hoodlums and criminals in Lekki and Ajah areas
- Why Government must realize that digital currency is the future
- Breaking: APC pulls out of ongoing local government polls in Delta
- CBN Introduce incentives to diaspora remittances: Beneficiaries to get N5 for every USD received
- Breaking: In Kaduna, Gunmen storm Federal Airport Authority quarters, abduct staff, family members
- Buhari and Osinbajo get Vaccinated against COVID-19, when will poor Nigerians get theirs?
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo