Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Police has confirmed the abduction of travellers by unidentified gunmen in Osun State.
The kidnapped victims were reportedly attacked by the gunmen while travelling along the Erin-Ijesha road on Sunday evening.
They were taken into the bush, and their vehicle was abandoned on the road. Speaking about the incident on Monday, Yemisi Opalola, the police public relations officer of Osun command, confirmed the abduction and said the police has already deployed its officers to rescue the victims and arrest the kidnappers.
“We got information of the abduction of some people at Omo-Ijesa late on Sunday and police have been on the trail of the kidnappers,” Opalola said.
“As I am speaking with you, the police has also deployed police men and men from his Anti-kidnapping units to rescue the abductees and arrest the kidnappers.”
- Cross River Govenor’s aide threatens suicide over unpaid salary
- In Kaduna, bandits have killed no fewer than 18 people in two local government areas
- Nigeria is expecting COVID-19 vaccines from three donor sources – Health Minister
- Kano assembly approves a bill to force premarital testing
- Akeredolu calls for decentralisation of Police
- Just in: Senate approves Bawa’s appointment as new EFCC Chairman
- Auditor-General indicts MDAs on N105.66Billion spending
- Victims of NAF plane crash to be buried on Thursday
- WAEC withholds 70,000 SSCE results in Kano as government default on payment for sponsored students
- Borno Governor confirms 10 dead, 47 injured as he visits victims of Maiduguri attack