Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Federal Ministry Of Education says no COVID-19 Test is required for resumption of students in schools across Nigeria.
The Director of Press & Public Relations, Federal Ministry of Education, Mr Bem Ben Goong, disclosed this to Journalists in Abuja on Monday
Mr Goong also stated that no COVID-19 Test is required for returning students to be re-admitted into their schools.
He reiterated that only temperature checks should be carried out on students and other persons seeking access to schools.
According to Goong, “No Covid-19 Test required for resumption of Students. The Federal Ministry of Education says no Covid-19 Test is required for returning students to be admitted into their schools. Only temperature checks should be carried out on students and any other person crossing any school gate”
He, therefore, warned School Authorities to desist from requesting students and parents to undergo COVID-19 test before they are allowed into schools.
The Director stated these in response to requests of some schools demanding COVID19 Test results from parents and their returning students back to school.
It would be recalled that the Federal government said it had no plans to re-schedule school resumption dates which was scheduled for 18 January 2021.
Students have however resumed in most states except for Edo state.
Schools resumed in Nigeria on Monday mostly for new academic section while few others resumed for the second term.
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals
- Muslims in Kwara public schools can now wear Hijabs – Kwara State government
- UPDATE: We don’t know the number of schoolgirls kidnapped – Zamfara Government
- Nurses and Midwives in Ondo plan strike
- Breaking: Terrorists abduct 300 schoolgirls in Zamfara
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy