Estimated Reading Time: 2
The Director-General of the Cross River State Primary Healthcare Development Agency, Dr Janet Ekpenyong has asked the federal government to invest in dispelling misconception and myths surrounding the covid-19 vaccine.
Dr Janet further encouraged Cross Riverians to not believe invest their emotions in “fake covid propaganda”, as the state was on top its game to ensure that the state gets a carries out a safe vaccination exercise.
She made the call in Calabar, the Cross River State capital in a press conference held towards Sensitization and creating demand for the Covid-19 Vaccines which is considered the most effective remedy to checkmate the spread of Covid-19 as well as it’s resultant morbidity and mortality.
“Just like every other vaccine, the Covid-19 Vaccine will help boost immunity and fight against complications that may arise from contacts with infected persons even as the world awaits a permanent treatment and prophylaxis for the new strain of avian influenza.
“Cross River State already ranked among top-performing states on Immunization exercise across the country. The state and it’s people are assured of a viable and potent vaccine, which would meet all international requirements and certified by both the Nigerian Medical Association, National Agency for Food, Drugs Administration and Control, NAFDAC, Standard Organization of Nigeria and other monitoring and regulatory bodies.” She said.
She, therefore, called on the Federal Government to utilize all Federal mechanism to intensify information dissemination on the Covid-19 vaccines, while states should also intensify Sensitization and awareness creation to help stop the spread of fake news and unverified myths against the vaccines.
She called on Cross Riverians to embrace the vaccines and ensure to receive the vaccine when available, while also appealing to rumour mongers to dissuade from spreading false rumours about the vaccines. She also called on traditional rulers, religious leaders, CSOs, CBOs and other key influencers to lend their voice and support the State Government to ensure Cross Rivererians take vaccines when available to help curb the spread of Covid-19 in the state.
- NBC asks DSS to arrest operators of Radio Biafra
- Police in Sokoto confirms terrorists killed 12 persons In Illela
- A splinter Boko Haram group, regrouping in my state – Nasarawa Governor Raises Alarm
- Terrorists that attacked in Kaduna are from neighbouring states – Commissioner
- Ondo Government bans NURTW, RTEAN activities in the state
- Lagos shuts down Cubana nightclub, arrests 172 COVID-19 violators
- Breaking: Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State and convoy involved in an accident
- Fearing terrorist attack, Yobe State Government closes all boarding schools
- Food items will not be transported to southwest until Fulanis are safe – Miyetti Allah
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Food blockade of south by north