Estimated Reading Time: 1
An Abuja resident, Abba Bashir has been hospitalised after being hit by bullets discharged by an AK-47 service rifle of a police officer attached to Inspector-General Mohammed Adamu.
People’s Gazette reports that the Bashir was hit by at least two gunshot wounds from the bullets fire by the officer identified as Inspector Magaji in an Abuja beer parlour on Saturday morning.
The victim is said to have been moved to an undisclosed hospital after initially receiving treatment at Cedarcrest Hospital.
The report quoted sources as saying the Inspector and six other had arrived at the beer parlour named Polar drunk and oozing alcohol.
“The police and his friends look like people who spent their entire night drinking alcohol before they came to our joint,” a witness said under anonymity.
The sofa and corners of the joint were pierced by bullets from the shootings.
This incident came two months after a security aide attached to Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rep. Femi Gbajamiamila, shot a newspaper vendor dead at Abuja.
- Yakassai: Jonathan did not punish you, Tinubu, El-Rufai for criticism – Falana tells Buhari
- Jangebe abduction will be the last – Buhari assures
- NDLEA arrests a trans-border drug trafficker with N1bn worth of cocaine in Sokoto
- Just In: Katsina orders reopening of boarding schools after Kankara abduction
- Salihu Tanko-Yakasai’s family petitions DSS
- COVID-19: Nigeria to get four million vaccine doses Tuesday
- APC Youths blame Salihu Tanko-Yakasai for his comments on Buhari – demand his release
- Chinedu Ekeke: Buhari regime, gasping for air, begging to breathe
- Correction: 317 kidnapped schoolgirls of Government Secondary School in Jangebe, Zamfara yet to be freed
- I will never accept and legalise same-sex marriage – Ghana President, Akufo-Addo