Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Katsina Police Command has dragged a 21-year-old labourer, Abubakar Sani, to court over alleged engagement in homosexual with an eight-year-old boy.
Sani of Gwagare quarters, Katsina State, resides in the same house with the victim.
The police said Sani was caught having forceful sexual intercourse with the victim through anus inside a bush behind the Federal Medical Centre quarters, Katsina on January 5, 2021.
The victim’s father, one Abdulkadir Lamis reported the incident at the Divisional Police headquarters, Katsina.
Lamis told the police that Sani had been practising homosexual with the victim on several occasions before he was caught on that day.
The police consequently charged Sani with Unnatural Offence, which they said was contrary to section 255 of Katsina state penal code law of 2019.
The police prosecutor, Sergeant Lawal Bello told the senior magistrate court where Sani was arraigned that investigation was already in progress on the case.
He requested another date when the case could come up for mention at the court. The presiding magistrate, Hajiya Fadile Dikko granted the request and adjourned the case to March 31, 2021, for mention.
She directed that Sani be remanded at a Katsina correctional centre till then
- In Delta, Governor Okowa sacks commissioners, SSG, Chief of Staff, others
- Muhammadu Buhari: As governments struggled to contain COVID, jihadists have taken advantage in the Sahel
- SERAP wants Nasir El-rufai to “immediately end the growing crackdown on workers and protesters in his state”
- Just In: Buhari appoints Abubakar Fikpo as DG NDE
- COVID-19: NAFDAC approves Johnson & Johnson for emergency use
- Ayade finally approves the ‘appointment’ of magistrates unpaid for 2 years
- Kaduna State Government vows to dismiss workers who join NLC protest
- Naomi Campbell welcomes baby daughter at 50
- Nigeria Immigration Service formally suspends issuance of new passports
- Kaduna strike: Wabba dares El-Rufai; leads protest to state house