Estimated Reading Time: 1
Bandits have kidnapped 17 persons in three communities in Bassa/Kukoki ward of Shiroro local government area of Niger state.
They were kidnapped on Saturday night in Madagwa, Wongo and Marenje communities.
It was learnt the bandits stormed the town at different times on Saturday night.
The Nation Newspaper reports that, five people were abducted from Wongo and Marenje communities while about seven people were abducted from Madagwa.
The Co-convener, Concerned Shiroro Youths, Sani Abubakar Yusuf Kokki, confirmed the abduction saying that the whereabouts of the victims were not known yet.
He described the abductions as disheartening and unfortunate, saying it was unfair the locals have been left to their fate.
Kokki lamented that kidnappings and other related criminal activities have become the order of the day in the entire Rafi and Shiroro local government areas of Niger State.
In the meantime, on Thursday, 20 people from Duguru in Madaka Ward of Rafi local government area on their way to Madaka market were kidnapped by bandits.
- Yakassai: Jonathan did not punish you, Tinubu, El-Rufai for criticism – Falana tells Buhari
- Jangebe abduction will be the last – Buhari assures
- NDLEA arrests a trans-border drug trafficker with N1bn worth of cocaine in Sokoto
- Just In: Katsina orders reopening of boarding schools after Kankara abduction
- Salihu Tanko-Yakasai’s family petitions DSS
- COVID-19: Nigeria to get four million vaccine doses Tuesday
- APC Youths blame Salihu Tanko-Yakasai for his comments on Buhari – demand his release
- Chinedu Ekeke: Buhari regime, gasping for air, begging to breathe
- Correction: 317 kidnapped schoolgirls of Government Secondary School in Jangebe, Zamfara yet to be freed
- I will never accept and legalise same-sex marriage – Ghana President, Akufo-Addo