Estimated Reading Time: 1
Unknown gunmen have reportedly abducted James Finwe, a lecturer at the Ken Saro Wiwa Polytechnic, Bori, Rivers State.
The Chairman, Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP), of the institution, Prince Psudo Wiwo, confirmed his abduction on Wednesday.
Wiwo noted that the academic was abducted on Tuesday evening from his residence at Igwuruta in Ikwerre Local Government Area of Rivers State.
He noted that the news of the event came as a shock, adding that the union has called on the security agencies to ensure the safe return of the lecturer.
“The abductors are also advised to release Finwe unconditionally without further delay. The union will not accept any kidnapping of any of our members even after the release of Finwe.
“If we wait for a while and he is not released unconditionally, we will stage a peaceful protest,” he said.
- Estonia gets first female prime minister
- NDLEA to test students, corps members, security agencies
- COVID-19: FG extends partial lockdown by a month
- Just In: Imo State Governor declares curfew in Orlu
- South-West Governors ban all forms of open grazing in the region
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore