Estimated Reading Time: 1
Anambra State former governor, Peter Obi has said the reason for Nigeria’s failure is that people are elected and recruited based on sentiment and not merit.
He said this as he joined River State governor, Nyesom Wike to commission the newly constructed Internal Road Phase 2 in Isiokpo, Ikwere Local Government Area of Rivers State.
“The reason Nigeria is not working today is that people have been recruited based on sentiments,” Mr. Obi said..
“If we have to recruit you to be local government chairman, governor, vice president, president, and minister, it must be based on capacity and competence, which are viable not what we are doing now and the country is collapsing”.
Obi added that accountability is important in governance and it is critical in building the trust of the people.
- Estonia gets first female prime minister
- NDLEA to test students, corps members, security agencies
- COVID-19: FG extends partial lockdown by a month
- Just In: Imo State Governor declares curfew in Orlu
- South-West Governors ban all forms of open grazing in the region
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore