Estimated Reading Time: 1
With the heightened focus on Covid-19 and states continued to struggle to fight diseases on multiple fronts, the Cross River State government, with its donor partners have launched a “wellness on wheels truck” to help in the fight against tuberculosis. The state also announced 6 months of free testing and treatment for tuberculosis across the state.
Prof. Ben Ayade, the Governor of Cross River State, represented at the event by the State Health Commissioner, Dr Betta Edu said the government is working at strengthening the health care delivering system.
Her words; “Our State became the 2nd best in Nigeria in TB activities and I assure you that we won’t relent as TB case finding/management will be stepped up, we want to be number 1.
” By this innovation TB diagnosis and treatment will be brought to our doorsteps even in rural communities. People don’t need to go to the hospitals/laboratories to get tested we will test you in your community and village.” She said.
Betta held that the state’s “TB testing and treatment has now gone on Wheels and for the next 6months free testing and treatment is available to all. From Calabar municipality the truck is headed to rural communities in Boki LGA; since Boki has the highest-burden/ number of positive TB Cases in CRS.” she added.
Dr Betrand Odume the KNCV Country Director applauded the State for not relenting in the fight against TB while thanking the State Government and the Ministry of Health for nor rolling over in the face of multiple challenges.
Wellness on Wheels (WOW), is an innovation supported by USAID through KNCV in the diagnosis of Tuberculosis. The Truck which contains an X-ray Machine with CAT system which can give a presumptive case in 3 mins, and also have GeneXpert machine that can confirm the diagnosis in 2hrs.
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government
- Fredrick Nwabufo: I’m a ‘herdsman’ — all herdsmen are not bandits
- COVID-19: Federal Government says ultra chain cold facility ready for vaccine storage
- Ondo Govt says Presidency backing criminal elements masquerading as herdsmen
- Like Trump, Buhari will be remembered for failure – Fayose
- Civil servants in Rivers State begin work from home
- Lessons Nigerians should learn from the Donald Trump presidency
- This government is reversing the spate of insecurity – Senate President promises