Estimated Reading Time: 1
Former Imo State governor, Rochas Okorocha has pleaded with members of the All Progressives Congress, APC, and the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP to join hands and make the country great.
Okorocha said this while commissioning the Rumueche/Rumuakunde Ohna Awuse Road in Emohua Local Government Area of Rivers State on Monday.
He said, “In this dispensation, there are many bad people in APC and many bad people in PDP. I think the good people of APC and the good people of PDP must come together for the purpose of making Nigeria great.
“I could imagine where I joined forces with Wike, let us bring all like minds and great people of Nigeria. Rather than complaining, let us come together to make this nation greater and greater as it should be.”
Okorocha added that Nigerians are only requesting the basic necessities of life and nothing big from the government.
“The masses of Nigeria are not asking for too much from their leaders. All they are saying to us is, give us basic necessities of life – water, light, roads – and then you can do whatever you want to do.
“That is all that they ask. I think that leaders who are able to provide this for their people must be considered as failed leaders,” he added.
- Uber, Bolt drivers in Lagos threaten to begin strike on Monday
- Photos: Royal Funeral for Prince Philip as he’s laid to rest at Windsor Castle
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office