Estimated Reading Time: 1
Former Imo State governor, Rochas Okorocha has pleaded with members of the All Progressives Congress, APC, and the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP to join hands and make the country great.
Okorocha said this while commissioning the Rumueche/Rumuakunde Ohna Awuse Road in Emohua Local Government Area of Rivers State on Monday.
He said, “In this dispensation, there are many bad people in APC and many bad people in PDP. I think the good people of APC and the good people of PDP must come together for the purpose of making Nigeria great.
“I could imagine where I joined forces with Wike, let us bring all like minds and great people of Nigeria. Rather than complaining, let us come together to make this nation greater and greater as it should be.”
Okorocha added that Nigerians are only requesting the basic necessities of life and nothing big from the government.
“The masses of Nigeria are not asking for too much from their leaders. All they are saying to us is, give us basic necessities of life – water, light, roads – and then you can do whatever you want to do.
“That is all that they ask. I think that leaders who are able to provide this for their people must be considered as failed leaders,” he added.
- Estonia gets first female prime minister
- NDLEA to test students, corps members, security agencies
- COVID-19: FG extends partial lockdown by a month
- Just In: Imo State Governor declares curfew in Orlu
- South-West Governors ban all forms of open grazing in the region
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore