Estimated Reading Time: 1
Concerned Nigerians Group has mourned the death of Barrister Esther Uzoma. In a press statement signed by the group’s leader, Comrade Deji Adeyanju, the group said “Barrister Esther Uzoma was a guiding light in the endless search for Gender equality, human rights, Electoral Reforms, justice for women and vulnerable children”.
The statement further reads; “She was indeed a distinguished leader in the civil rights movement. She helped break barriers by using education to empower our girls and fight for their rights through the Proactive Gender Initiatives she founded.
There’s no doubt that Uzoma’s courageous activism changed our nation’s trajectory in tremendous ways.
Our dear sister will certainly continue to be an inspiration to all of us at Concerned Nigerians fighting for justice and equality.”
- Lagos State Government seals 10 properties in Ogudu GRA
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Abuja under siege by bandits, but DSS, army after agitators in south-east
- Babafemi Ojudu: The Sunday Igboho I Knew
- NECO announces new date for examinations
- Police parade Niger Republic citizens who supply arms to bandits in Katsina, Zamfara
- COVID-19: Federal Government releases N10Billion for local production of vaccines
- Government to shut down NYSC orientation camps that fail to comply with COVID-19 protocol
- Foreign Direct Investment fell in 2020 with Nigeria earning $2.6Billion
- Just In: Lagos Task Force allegedly kill pedestrian while chasing vehicle
- EndSARS protesters want to join the Nigeria Police Force