Estimated Reading Time: 1
The elevator of the 26-storey Cocoa House in Ibadan, Oyo State, has crashed killing one person and injuring three others.
A statement issued by the Head, Corporate Affairs, Oodua Investment Company Limited, Victor Ayetoro said the incident occurred around 11am on Wednesday.
He said the lift installation team were working on dismantling the old elevator in readiness for a new lift installment. While working, the lift suffered a mechanical failure which resulted in the lift car dropping and crashing into the basement pit.
“Unfortunately, one of the technicians in the team did not survive the incident. Three other technicians suffered minor injuries and have been taken to the hospital for check-up/treatment,” Ayetoro said.
According to him, the head office of the company had been informed and that their representatives had arrived to take charge of the situation while the police had also been informed.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami