Estimated Reading Time: 1
The elevator of the 26-storey Cocoa House in Ibadan, Oyo State, has crashed killing one person and injuring three others.
A statement issued by the Head, Corporate Affairs, Oodua Investment Company Limited, Victor Ayetoro said the incident occurred around 11am on Wednesday.
He said the lift installation team were working on dismantling the old elevator in readiness for a new lift installment. While working, the lift suffered a mechanical failure which resulted in the lift car dropping and crashing into the basement pit.
“Unfortunately, one of the technicians in the team did not survive the incident. Three other technicians suffered minor injuries and have been taken to the hospital for check-up/treatment,” Ayetoro said.
According to him, the head office of the company had been informed and that their representatives had arrived to take charge of the situation while the police had also been informed.
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension
- CBN warns that revised cheque book becomes fully operational April 1
- DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards Kampala 2021
- 600 Nigerians stranded in Saudi Arabia will be brought home soon – Abike Dabiri-Erewa
- Just In: University workers begin indefinite strike February 5
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help