Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Lagos State Government has announced that all public and private schools below tertiary level in Lagos State should be reopened for the second term 2020/21 academic session from Monday, 18th of January, 2021.
The Lagos state Commissioner for Education, Mrs Folasade Adefisayo who revealed this today in a press statement signed by Head, Public Affairs; Ministry of Education, Kayode Abayomi stated that this is in line with the Federal Government’s directive coupled with the second wave of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
She therefore enjoined all schools to make efforts to comply with all the outlined Covid-19 requirements for resumption schools.
“Not just for the improvement of overall school operations but for the safe reopening of academic activities to support the Lagos State Government’s quest for a full return.”
The Commissioner advised that schools should have flexible plans where students and teachers who feel sick can teach or learn from home via available online platforms, adding that schools should also strive to avoid any COVID-19 infection among all students and staff.
She also enjoined teachers, students and visitors to wear facemasks at all times, observe physical distancing, embrace regular hand washing with soap under running water and maintain a high standard of personal hygiene within the school premises.
- Federal Airport Authority won’t shut down Kaduna Airport after attack —MD
- Just In: Presidency clarifies fire outbreak in Aso Rock
- COVID-19: Lagos shuts-down 11 facilities for violating protocols
- Herdsmen kill two farmers in Ekiti – Governor Fayemi says “This is one killing too many”
- Buhari marks International Women’s day by unveiling a list of female appointees
- Just In: Queen Elizabeth is to address the nation in a televised speech at 5pm today
- “He is carrying on as normal,” – Presidency tells Nigerians, Buhari has no side effects after Covid-19 Vaccine
- Breaking: Supreme Court Justice, Nwali Sylvester Ngwuta Dies in his sleep
- I “cannot continue to be a member of a Political party that endangers” – Former APC Chairman resigns
- Adams Oshiomhole refers to Governor Obaseki as his “brother and friend” after the two met in Auchi