Estimated Reading Time: 1
Activist and president aspirant, Omoyele Sowore and four others have on Monday been arraigned at the Magistrate Court in Wuse Zone 2, Abuja, the nation’s capital.
Their seven count charges against the Federal government borders on alleged conspiracy to commit treason, money laundering, and insulting the President, among others.
Recall that Sowore was arrested on New Year eve for leading a protest in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja against bad governance in the country.
The protest tagged #CrossoverWithProtest, saw many Nigerians holding candles and a placard showing their grievances against the President Muhammadu Buhari administration.
Mr Sowore was reportedly arrested in one of the seven vans of the Nigerian police mobilised to the protest ground at Gudu junction in Abuja.
Multiple accounts suggests that the Saharareporters publisher and others arrested were taken to Abattoir police station in Logokoma, Abuja, where they are currently being detained.
- Buhari has done nothing other than make enemies for the herders – Miyetti Allah says in call for restructuring
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19