Estimated Reading Time: 1
Personal Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari in New Media, Bashir Ahmad has again been exposed for posting a fake photo of a strawberry from Plateau State.
Ahmed had on Sunday tweeted a photo of a strawberry in a bowl and captioned it “This is from Plateau State, Nigeria’
But the now deleted has been found to be fake as a basic image search on Google showed the picture was initially a stock photo that has been used in various online articles.
Reacting to the tweet, a lot of social media commentators called out the media aide for the fake news
In defense, Ahmad said he got the photo from a friend in early 2020 and the friend insists the photo was taken in Jos.
Bashir said, “Tweeted this picture with a caption “This is from Plateau, Nigeria”, some respondents said otherwise, I got the picture from a friend early 2020, who still insisting that he took the photo in PT, anyway, I deleted the tweet. Whether from PT or not, I believe we have best Strawberrythere.”
He then tweeted another photo of strawberry in Plateau.
Meanwhile, this is not the first time the media aide will be involved in a fake news scandal. Following the release of the over 300 abducted Kankara schoolboys, Ahmed posted news that alleged that the European Unio commended the President for the safe return of the schoolboys however, investigation revealed that the alleged European Union Human Rights Forum does not exist.
- Zamfara government tells clerics to persuade bandits to surrender arms
- Buhari orders MDAs, others to grant access to FIRS for tax collection
- Nigerian Railway launches N900 Million e-ticketing platform
- Blasphemy: Court acquits teenage boy sentenced to jail in Kano
- NIN is now compulsory for JAMB registration – Minister
- Nigeria’s education sector needs an enabling environment to thrive
- FG reappoints Usman as NPA Managing Director, names board for TCN
- Kano Governor Ganduje says Coronavirus test will be mandatory for anyone wishing to enter Kano State
- N6 million debt: Kaduna distribution board cuts off Electricity at the home of late Shehu Shagari
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan