Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari will address the nation on January 1, 2021.
Garba Shehu, the president’s senior special assistant on media and publicity, announced this in a statement on Thursday.
“President Muhammadu Buhari will make a New Year broadcast to the nation Friday, January 1, 2021 at 7am,” Shehu said.
“Television, radio and other electronic media outlets are enjoined to join the network services of the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) and Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) respectively, for the broadcast.”
In his Christmas day message a week ago, the president had asked Nigerians to use the hope and joy that comes with the Christmas season to reinvest their trust in the administration of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
“In Christendom, Christmas season represents joy, peace, hope, love, goodwill and imminent salvation. These worthy values which Jesus’ Advent symbolize, are very much needed in our country at this time when we are confronted with diverse challenges like rising spate of armed banditry, kidnappings, insurgency, economic recession and upsurge of COVID-19 infections,” Buhari had said.
“I wish to, therefore, enjoin fellow compatriots to appropriate the hope that comes with Christmas and reinvest trust in this Administration’s determination and unwavering commitment to restore peace, security and prosperity to our dear country.”
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo
- Singer, Simi says female entertainers are constantly pitted against each other – she explains the difficulties
- Lagos State Government announces 3 months partial closure of Marine bridge
- WAEC cancels Literature-in English exams; candidates to rewrite papers March 11
- “They took away about 470 cows and cattle” killed 15 persons – Eyewitness accounts after gunmen storm Sokoto
- Speaker Gbajabiamila begs Nigerians to accept COVID-19 vaccine
- “That is the trump card that I will not reveal” – Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor talks tough
- Repentant Boko Haram members return to the terror group after spying on security agents formation – Governor Zulum
- Nigerian soldier and his girlfriend were recently caught supplying ammunitions and military uniforms to armed bandits in Zamfara