Estimated Reading Time: 1
Jumoke Babalola-Oludele, sister to Deputy Leader, Oyo State House of Assembly Deputy Minority Leader, Sunkanmi Babalola has been kidnapped by unidentified gunmen according to reports.
Mrs Babalola-Oludele was reportedly kidnapped on Monday around Oniguguri junction, before Lion of Judah, Iyana Church, Monatan area, Ibadan.
A report said that Jumoke was on a commercial motorcycle when the suspected gunmen swooped on her while her brother alleged that she was kidnapped while driving her car.
The kidnappers are reportedly requesting N20 million ransom.
Her brother, Babalola represents the Egbeda State Constituency said the family had reported the incident, added that his sister was kidnapped at about 8:20 p.m.
He said, “According to information, three gunmen in a white Toyota Camry kidnapped her. I was told that the abductors shot into the air twice and forced her from her car into theirs.
“I have not heard anything, but we are still hoping to get a positive response from them; they contacted a member of the family but the terms and conditions are yet to be agreed upon.
“I am pleading to the state government and security agencies to please rescue my sister. This is a festive period, they need to beef up the security of the state and police should please get back to work”
“On behalf of the good citizens of Oyo State, I am appealing to the Police to get back to work fully because their absence has been causing a lot of panic in the state,” he said.
The Police Public Relations Officer, Oyo State Command, Olugbenga Fadeyi, said he had yet to be briefed on the abduction as the police station where the incident happened had been razed during the #EndSARS protest in the state.
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo
- Singer, Simi says female entertainers are constantly pitted against each other – she explains the difficulties
- Lagos State Government announces 3 months partial closure of Marine bridge
- WAEC cancels Literature-in English exams; candidates to rewrite papers March 11
- “They took away about 470 cows and cattle” killed 15 persons – Eyewitness accounts after gunmen storm Sokoto
- Speaker Gbajabiamila begs Nigerians to accept COVID-19 vaccine
- “That is the trump card that I will not reveal” – Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor talks tough
- Repentant Boko Haram members return to the terror group after spying on security agents formation – Governor Zulum
- Nigerian soldier and his girlfriend were recently caught supplying ammunitions and military uniforms to armed bandits in Zamfara
- President Buhari decorates new Service Chiefs