Estimated Reading Time: 1
Gunmen suspected to be Boko Haram fighters are currently attacking Garkida town in Gombi local government area of Adamawa State.
Daily-trust Newspaper is reporting that the insurgents thronged the town through the main road in the late afternoon, forcing residents to flee to the surrounding mountains.
” I saw them moving in to the town in five trucks and then heard sounds of gun shots and people running to the mountains”, said a fleeing resident..
Details of the attacks are sketchy as at the time of this report. There has been no official statement to that effect either.
NewsWireNGR recalls that the Department of State Services had alerted Nigerians about plans by “enemies of state” to unleash terror on vulnerable places, including critical infrastructure, places of worship, as well as recreational centres during the Christmas and New Year celebrations.
It said the plot would be executed through the use of explosives, suicide bombing and other weapons.
The DSS spokesperson, Dr Peter Afunanya, in a statement, however, assured Nigerians that security forces had taken measures to thwart the plot, which according to him, was meant to undermine the authority of the government.
He said, “The Department of State Services wishes to inform the public about plans by some criminal elements to carry out violent attacks on public places including key and vulnerable points during the yuletide seasons.
“The planned dastardly acts are to be executed through the use of explosives, suicide bombing and other dangerous weapons.
“The objective is to create a general sense of fear among the people and subsequently undermine the government.”
- NBC asks DSS to arrest operators of Radio Biafra
- Police in Sokoto confirms terrorists killed 12 persons In Illela
- A splinter Boko Haram group, regrouping in my state – Nasarawa Governor Raises Alarm
- Terrorists that attacked in Kaduna are from neighbouring states – Commissioner
- Ondo Government bans NURTW, RTEAN activities in the state
- Lagos shuts down Cubana nightclub, arrests 172 COVID-19 violators
- Breaking: Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State and convoy involved in an accident
- Fearing terrorist attack, Yobe State Government closes all boarding schools
- Food items will not be transported to southwest until Fulanis are safe – Miyetti Allah
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Food blockade of south by north